Digital Dental X-Rays in Eagan, MN
At Wood Park Dental, we value dental technology that streamlines your treatment, improves your comfort, and helps us deliver more predictable results. Dr. Jon Skare stays current with advances in dentistry and any technology he feels will provide you with the safest, most up-to-date dental treatments available.
One example is digital dental x-rays used at our Eagan, MN dental office. They make taking x-rays of your mouth comfortable and efficient and help us accurately diagnose dental problems in their earliest stages. And since the images are digital, we can display them on your chairside monitor to give you a complete picture of your oral health.
Digital X-Rays Help Us Create Treatment Plans
Digital x-rays improve our ability to diagnose dental problems like cavities and gum disease quickly. But digital x-rays, along with technology like cone beam imaging (CBCT) allows Dr. Skare to plan numerous procedures with a high degree of accuracy:
- Dental implant placement
- Root canal treatment
- Orthodontic treatment
- Tooth extractions
Panoramic Dental X-Rays
In certain instances, your Eagan, MN dentist needs to see a single image of your entire mouth. Panoramic x-rays give us a two-dimensional picture of all your teeth and upper and lower jaws in one image.
Another benefit of panoramic x-rays is that they are taken outside the mouth. This is important for adults who can’t tolerate intraoral x-rays, patients with special needs, and children.
Cone Beam Imaging (CBCT)
We’re also pleased to offer world-class 3-D cone beam imaging or CBCT. This technology produces a 3-D image of all the structures in your mouth and jaw, including nerve pathways, soft tissue, sinuses, root canals, and areas of low bone density.
CBCT is invaluable for pre-planning the optimal placement of dental implants, root canal diagnosis, tooth extractions, and orthodontic treatment.
Advantages of Using Digital X-Rays and Imaging
- Safety—Using digital x-rays instead of film x-rays reduces your exposure to radiation by about 80 percent.
- Speed—Since we don’t need to wait for the film to develop, digital x-rays are available to view on your chairside monitor within moments.
- Improved diagnostics—Digital x-rays are highly detailed and enable Dr. Skare to diagnose problems in their earliest stages.
- Improved patient education—We can see the x-ray images in great detail, and so can you. Patient education is a crucial part of dentistry because seeing problems for yourself helps you understand your needs and make confident treatment decisions.
- Environmentally friendly—Since we don’t use film x-rays, there are no harmful chemicals to dispose of.
- Easy access—Since we store your digital x-rays in your patient record, Dr. Skare can easily access them to monitor your oral health on an ongoing basis. With your permission, we can also share them with your insurance company as needed.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Dentists in Eagan Today!
If it’s been a while since you’ve visited a dental office, you may be pleasantly surprised to see how dental technology can improve your overall experience. Please contact our Eagan, MN dentist office today at (952) 431-5088 to schedule your next appointment at Wood Park Dental!